Chicken soup

by Unknown | on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 | | | |

Yep. This is how bad it is, guys. I'm eating a hot chicken soup during summer. But it's ridiculously delicious and makes me feel better about myself and about my cold.

On a totally related note - I just love the new song of One republic - Counting stars, I can not stop listening to it! In the last 30 min I replayed it 10 times. And maybe it's the cold, but I feel like I sound a little bit like the female version of Ryan Tedder, when I sing it. With this sore throat, singing is exactly what I should do.

You know what else I love? Having a cold during summer. Mmmmmmm! That's the good life! Everybody outside, having fun, walking around, no cares, no worries, free and careless like a bird soaring through the dirty city...aaahhh

And me?

I'm having the best time too. Sitting around at home like a prisoner, wearing all the winter clothes I have, my head spinning with headache, sweating like crazy and drowning in my nasal mucus. Mmmm! Tell me more, tell me more! Like do you have a headache?

Yes, but I also have soup, my sister made it. And here's how it happened.


INGREDIENTS

2 chicken thighs
1 carrot
4 small to medium potatoes, cubed
1 big onion, or 2 small ones, finely chopped
1/4 cup short fideo
1/2 cup chopped (or not) spearmint leaves
1/2 cup coriander
1/2 cup chopped parsley
chilli/black pepper/hot pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. Boil the chicken legs in 1 liter/ 30 oz of water in a cooking pot until cooked (about 15 min at medium to medium-high heat). Take out the chicken thighs from the water (I used fork for that), cool them off with some cold water (you don't want to burn yourself), remove skin and bones, and shred the meat to smaller pieces. Then put the shredded meat back in cooking pot with the boiling water (now chicken flavored :))

2. Add the potatoes and finely chopped onion and cook until ready at medium-high heat (about 10 min). Salt to taste. You might need to add water at some point, because it evaporates continuously, so be aware of that.

3. Add fideo, chopped carrots, spearmint leaves and coriander and cook for additional 5 min. Turn off the heat.

4. Serve with a lot of parsley, add also black pepper/chilli for some spice.

Then cure your summer cold like that. I didn't do a nutritional info table for this soup, because I'm really sick. But I think it will be around 4 servings. And I think I will have them all. Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment