Meatball soup

by Unknown | on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 | | |
I know, I know.

You're probably thinking: Another soup? She's crazy, it's summer.

Crazy or genius? You know it's only one step apart. And in my defense I'm still having a cold. Oh. You can see my reflection in the spoon. And yesterday I brushed my hair with a fork. I think maybe, I'm not using silverware properly.

This soup is...how do I put this delicately? Well, it's really nutritious. It's meant for some cave man, wolverine, bear, werewolf, wolf, just anybody who's really hungry.

It not only contains meat balls and potatoes, but also chickpea. I don't know if there is an ingredient in this house, that my sister hasn't used in it. But again it was so delicious, I really can not complain. Woof! Auuuuuuu!

My sister again did a great job with this soup and normally I'm the one who makes really good soups. Respect, honors and love!

I learned from my dad how to make a soup. He definitely makes the best soups I have ever tasted. EVER! I don't know how he does it, but they just taste outrageously delicious.

But to the recipe, before my head explodes from the pain.


INGREDIENTS

1/2 lb / 200 g ground beef
1/4 cup dry bulgur
2 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 big onion, finely chopped
4 cubed potatoes
1 cup chickpeas (canned, drained)
1/2 cup fresh spearmint leaves
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/2 cup chopped parsley
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Forming the meat balls: In a bowl place ground beef, bulgur, dried basil, black pepper and salt (just the tip of a tsp). Then mix everything with your clean hands, kneading all those ingredients together. From this mixture form balls (a little smaller than walnut-size) and let them in a cooking pot containing around 30 oz/ 1 l water. Cook/ Boil at medium high heat.

2. Nextadd onion and potatoes and cook for 20 min. You might need to add water at some point so check for that.

3. Add chickpeas, spearmint, coriander leaves and salt.

4. Serve with some black pepper and parsley. You might add some chilli. I did that and I was on fire!

Like yesterday, I have no idea how much calories one portion has. I've had my 2 portions for today. I think it makes 4-5 servings. Hopefully five because I want to eat another one right now and my sister also had 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment