Cinnamon chocolate balls

by Unknown | on Friday, June 28, 2013 | | | | | |
ginger cookies
Hello good people!

This whole being sick thing is getting on my nerves. It's the 4th or 5th day now and I'm still not amused. Not at all, but at least it's kinda getting better. So let's hope next week it'll all be better. And then I only have to be patient for one week to start doing sports again. Until then I can just somewhat control what I eat. My least favorite part of getting into shape. Anyway I made these cinnamon-ginger balls, covered in chocolate. Usually I would use dark chocolate, but I said to myself hey yolo! hahahaha yolo whatever that means, crazy kids these days!

So where was I?

Oh yeah, about the chocolate - well I used a whole milk chocolate. Sshhhhhhsh!!! Don't judge me! Or do, I don't care...because these balls were P*E*R*F*E*C*!T*!

INGREDIENTS

2 oz/about 50g hazelnuts (soak over night)
1 oz/ 25g raisins
1/3 cup/25g oats
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
whole milk chocolate for coating

DIRECTIONS

1. Grind oats to oat flour, add raisins and process. Then add the soaked hazelnuts. There should be small nut chunks in the mixture at the end.

2. Add cinnamon and ginger to the mixture - and it's ready. Form small balls (about walnut size like with the raw chocolate hazelnut balls) with your clean hands.

3. Melt chocolate - I did this in a hot water bath using a heat resistant bowl.

4. Once the chocolate is melted - coat the balls with the chocolate (use spoon, or just dip the balls into the melted chocolate, if I say melted chocolate again I might start drooling) and place them on a plate. Leave in the fridge to cool off.
ginger bread
And that's it. Although I used whole milk chocolate and I should probably go and seek a doctor right away, these balls still are better than any chocolate or cinnamon dessert you can buy in the store. So less judging and more trying, mkay? This made very delicious 8 balls, of which I consumed 8 in 2 days. You do the math for the rest. And it's about 80 kcal per ball.

See you soon or even better write to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment