Pizza with coriander and zucchini

by Unknown | on Sunday, June 23, 2013 | | | |


Now that I've had some time to think about my panic attack from three days ago, I realized I'm overreacting and decided that one month is a lot of time to get out of my whale costume!!!!! Bring out the disco ball I'm celebrating! And what do I do every time I celebrate?? I make pizzaaaa!

P is for the way I praise you
I is for the way I ingest you
ZZ is for how zero zero, I care about guilt my dear-o
A is for Arugulaaaaaaa

Love this song! No wonder it's a classic.



So I made this vegetable pizza yesterday and it was delicious. On Friday I ate pizza with some friends and it was very exciting! I can eat pizza every day! But I shouldn't! But I want toooo!!!

PIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZAA!!!!



Normal people would just write PIZZA one time and copy-paste for the next eleven! But I'm not that lazy! Today I even did some exercises and now all the typing, so many movements....Come on, I should get some activity award or something. Sometimes I feel a little pathetic because I'm asking for all those awards, but nobody gives me any and there's still a lot of place on my shelf. It's getting kinda dusty.

Speaking of which...Dustin Hoffman is a great actor and I'm a fan of him. I bet he won some awards. Probably for The Graduate too. I'm probably the only person who's first read the book (last year) and watched the movie after (this year). Next picture is neither from the movie, nor from the book. It's of the coriander pizza!



To summarize this highly intellectual monologue about art and dining out - I will stuff in my body everything I want to eat this week (which means until tonight) and next week I'll say Adios Pizza! Bonjour Salad! PIZZA! Salad I mean!SALADSALADSALAD!



But this pizza is also one of the healthier ones. I used coriander and not basil or oregano for the sauce and it was very delicious. It's really weird that up until 3-4 months ago I didn't even like coriander. Anytime I was eating at an Asian place I would remove all the coriander from my plate (not by eating it). I just couldn't stand that smell. And now I love it. I guess people really can change. If anybody ever tells you people don't change, tell him this life changing story of mine. I allow you.





To the recipe. 

INGREDIENTS

1tbsp olive oil to coat the backing tray

....and that's it....!

Just kidding!

For the dough:

1 cup/0,2 l warm water
1/5 of fresh yeast 
1 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of salt
2,5 cups/350g all purpose flour

For the sauce/pesto

3 medium sized tomatoes
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 bunch of coriander/ 1 cup leaves chopped

optional: dried chilli

Further pizza topings:

up to 15 thin zucchini slices
5oz/150g mozzarela
10 black olives

DIRECTIONS 



1. Dough:

1.1. Grind the baking yeast, add the warm water and salt and mix until you get a homogenous fluid. Leave for 5 min.

1.2. Add olive oil and last but not least (not at all!!) add the flour by stirring all the time until the mixture is not fluid anymore and you can work with your hands.

Actually if you have a food processor - just do 1.1. and with 1.2. you can add all of it at once and just process until it's not fluid anymore and you can just massage the dough with your clean beautiful working hands.

1.3. Roll the dough in some flour (dough should be soft but not FLUID!) and leave it for 20 min to rise. While waiting start with chopping vegetables, cheese for the sauce and topping.

1.4. Massage the dough :), cover with enough flour and roll out.

1.5. Then transfer it in the oiled baking tray and move on with your life.

2. Sauce - process chopped tomatoes, chopped coriander, sunflower seeds and dried chilli (optional) to a semi-homogenous mixture. Spread the sauce with a spoon all over the rolled out pizza dough (in the baking tray).

3. Spread first mozzarella, then the thinly sliced zucchini and black olives over the entire pizza (like I did - Exhibit A: the picture below).


4. Preheat the oven to 400 °F/ 200 °C/ (for nerds like me it's 473 K, but if you're a real nerd you would know that, wouldn't you?). Insert the pizza in the lower part of the oven (not the middle!!!) and bake at 200 °C/400 °F/ 473 K for 30-35 min (1800 - 2100s).



5. Cut the pizza in 6 pieces and serve with some rocket salad.

Makes about 300 kcal per piece. I ate 3 pieces and it was all worth it! I have no regrets.

While you're baking, please check on the pizza (and on the dough - it should be golden or slightly brown) after max 20 min. After all every oven is different and you don't want the pizza to look like coal (or taste like that). You want it to look like the after picture above. Although maybe not like the low left corner of the after picture.

This part of the pizza was eaten by a strange mouse, who survived the 200 °C/400 °F/ 473 K in my oven. Yes, I  have a termophilic mouse and I now plan to make a lot of money with it. It can go trough flames, walk on embers, spit fire and all that stuff. You'll hear of it in the news. Soon!




But wait. I remember. It was not a mouse. It was me who ate it, after I took it out of the oven. I couldn't wait for the gazillionth time to eat before taking a picture.


Damn! Now I will not become a trillionaire thanks to the mouse. Good bye Bentleys, Ferraris, Geiger counters, monocles, beach houses, male models and new blenders.

You enjoy the pizza, I now have to live with that. And the fact that I'll be eating clean for the next 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment