Bulgur with ground beef

by Unknown | on Thursday, June 20, 2013 | | | |
Guess what!!!

Time for another bulgur recipe!!! I have so many, but I promise this one will be the last one for this week.

Maybe.

With me you can never be sure. One day I say I'm stopping drinking coffee, five minutes later I'm holding a cup of cappuccino (and drink it of course, come on!).

That's just living on the edge!

Anyway. It just hit me it's the 20th of June. I wasn't even quite aware it was June. Why does time go by so fast? Now I only have like a month to get into some kind of shape, before going to the beach during my next vacation. I have to pretend I'm pregnant again. That's just cruel. I'm having a little panic attack right now.

Now straight to the recipe. Panic attacks lead nowhere.

This recipe is one of my all time favorites. My sister came up with it, and it's very healthy, extremely delicious and quite easy.

INGREDIENTS

250g ground beef
1 cup of dry bulgur
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
1 medium carrot
1 small green pepper
10 leaves spearmint
1/2 cup chopped parsley

DIRECTIONS

1. Put the ground beef in a large pan and cover with the lid (at 2 highest temperature) for about 7-10 min. Don't add any water or oil. In the mean time chop all the vegetables.

2. Add the chopped onions and garlic and fry for a little bit.

3. Add the tomatoes, one cup of water, salt and the bulgur, stir everything together and cover the lid again. Stir every now and then (every 2 min). When the bulgur is ready and there is no water left in the pan - you're ready for the next step.

4. Turn off the heat and add the rest of the vegetables - carrots, peppers, spearmint and parsley and stir together. I also added a dried chilli, because I like spicy food.

Serve with green leafy vegetables like arugula, spinach and whatever you have in your house. I also served with some yoghurt with dill and garlic. Very delicious. Makes 2-3 portions depending how hungry you are. Altogether it's 941 kcal - so 313 per serving (if you serve 3).

Today I'm really boring so I'll stop talking. Enjoy this delicious meal. Maybe one day I'll make better pictures of it and I'll write about it again. It deserves more appreciation than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment