Not another hummus recipe

by Unknown | on Monday, July 08, 2013 | | | | | |
Greetings everyone!

Hmm, I haven't posted anything here in a long time and my excuse is: I've been ridiculously lazy. Bad Stella!

Good news is, I will post all the recipes I've done lately during this and next week and on Friday next week I'm going back to my home country Bulgaria to spend some time on the beach, eat real food and just be lazy a little more. But!! At least this time I'll try to keep you updated on my laziness and on what's not going on in my life and in my kitchen.

On another note my back and neck are killing me and I want to kill the orthopedist, who told me that this is normal and I should do some exercises. I will do some exercises with a needle on a voodoo doll with your face on it!  It's called acupuncture, don't worry ;)

Before I start making the doll let's see what you need for this ridiculously (my favorite word lately) tasty hummus. Well it's not actually hummus. I like to make different things out of garbanzo beans - jewelery, clothes, paper, sometimes dishes and next up: voodoo doll!

Yeah, I made almost all of the above up - I use garbanzo beans just in dishes. But now that I think about it, what a waste, right?

Anyway, normally I just take one big can of garbanzo beans, open it, put the beans in my food processor and process the hell out of it with whatever I have in the fridge. Then tadaaa!!! Best dip ever! Every time I tell you! So yes this is the first hummus recipe on this site, but definitely not the last.

INGREDIENTS

1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) (about 250g)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 dried chilli
1 eggplant/aubergine
some dill

DIRECTIONS

1. Start with the aubergine/eggplant. Wash it, make small holes all over it with a fork and then bake it at medium high heat until it's soft inside - just try with the fork. Take it out, put it in a bowl/pan and cover for 20 min. Afterwards remove all the fluids (they're bitter) and peel the aubergine.

2. Put garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, chilli and prepared aubergine in a food processor and process until smooth.

3. Put in a bowl or a plate and garnish with parsley, cilantro or in my case with some dill.

You can use this as a dip (with carrots, cucumbers, fingers work also), spread for bread/wraps or as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment