My birthday and a present I did not expect

by Unknown | on Monday, December 02, 2013 |

Never. Never in my life have I won something. Until the night of November 9th 2013. A great night in the history of the world - known as "The Night of the Necklace". And also as the night after my 29th birthday. 
Yes, I am 29 now. A magic number indeed. I don't know if I should be happy, having a panic attack, a nervous breakdown, get overmotivated to achieve all of my goals during the next year, when I will be...*30*... or just live life as it is. I think I will try the overmotivated thing, because I have things to achieve. And dreams should be followed. Being comfortable does not take you anywhere. Age made me wise, guys. My sister also got a little wiser, one day before my birthday. 

My mother had it all planed out - after all the fun she had giving birth to my sister on November 7th, she said to herself: That was fun, let's do it again in 4 years and 1 day. And BAM! I was born - blue, hairy, wrinkly - a little treasure!!! 

Happy birthday to us, and thank you mom and dad for everything!!

Maybe you've noticed in the pictures above - it's not a cake, it is an orange, that I have pinned the birthday candle into. You think that's weird? No, it's not. It's healthy. Birthday orange is the new birthday cake! But ok, I admit: the truth is - and if you know the calender, you can probably figure it out yourself - my birthday was almost 1 month ago. I took this picture about 1 hour ago. Do you think, that I can keep a cake at home for one month, no, even for one hour, and not eat the whole thing? I forgot to take a picture on my birthday and today here I was in front of a mathematical equation :

x + 1 muffin cup + 1 birthday candle + 1 lighter + hearty background + cartoonify = ART!

And then it hit me: x = orange. That is exactly how my brain works. It is totally not out of desperation. What do you think - I just grabbed the first thing I saw and stabbed a birthday candle into it? Please. 

Maybe editing the appearance of this blog during the last month has made me a little nerdy. Not that I wasn't before. But now I know how to edit the template like I have been doing it my whole life. I didn't like a lot of things about the layout before, so I customized some things - for example I centered the header, I removed that message - showing posts with label ..., Subscribe to Post (Atom) had to go too and I decided to make the header pink. I was back and forth with the pink, because I was thinking - this blog is about healthy eating and it should be green to promote natural eating, or blue - because it's a very common color to attract anybody. But my heart is with pink and I can not change that. 

I hope even men can appreciate this color. Print this message on a t-shirt and wear it proudly anywhere.

"The Night of the Necklace". This is how it all went down. 

My sister told me we are invited to some party, and because I'm going trough a Jim-Carrey-"Yes, man"-stage I said - Ok, let's go. I thought I will be kinda bored, because I don't like parties so much - it's crowded, you feel like everybody's half your age, nothing to eat...all that stuff. 

But then - we arrive there, and I figure out it's an event for girls - where people do your hair, your make up and you get a goodie bag. So that was pretty awesome - I only took the goodie bag though. Then surprise surprise - food and drinks for free! At this point - I AM IN HEAVEN! Try to hold me back! Sushi, here I come! And up until then I could never, in my whole, entire 29-years-life, eat with those sticks - no matter how hard I've tried it. To summarize - I learned it in 5 seconds. Result - not enough sushi for everybody else. 2-3 hours in I was so happy - I had a goodie bag in my hand, some drinks and my belly full of sushi. I knew that you could take part in some contest - take your picture with the jewelry you like and you could win it. And as half-full-glass as I am as a person, I was pretty sure that nobody will win this necklace and it's just a promotion trick. So I didn't want to take a picture, everybody else was trying like crazy. I filled out some card with my personal details. At the beginning I was thinking - data privacy and so on...but I mean these days if somebody wants to have my data, they probably already do. So I filled it out. And at the end of the night - my sister tells me, coming back from the rest room, they told her I've won this pearl necklace. Not exactly my style, but I felt happy like a child. It was the first thing I win in my life. So then I also took pictures with it. And then we stayed at the club and had some more fun. The Night of the Necklace was a great night. Best things in life come when you least expect them right?

No comments:

Post a Comment