Looks Like Falafel

by Unknown | on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 | | | | |
Hello hello everybody!

This here is a recipe for all the falafel lovers out there, but also for all non-falafel lovers. Like Britney said in a song - "There's only two types of people in the world, the ones who love falafel and the ones who doon't"...I'm pretty sure she sang that somewhere...Anyway if you're good at exclusions, you would notice, that it's a recipe for everybody.

3-4 years ago, I would have never thought, that I would ever enjoy eating something meatless as a main dish. Now I really enjoy vegan meals (as much as non-vegan meals). But still if someone offers me a beans stake, I would just roll my eyes, probably stab him with a fork in the hand that's holding the bean steak and run. Some things just were not meant to be vegan. A steak is one of them.

I had so many failures trying to make a really good falafel, but last time I tried it turned out great.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups of dried garbanzo beans (chickpea)
2 cups of chopped parsley
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1-2 dried chilies
salt to taste
olive/sunflower oil (for frying)

DIRECTIONS

1. Soak the garbanzo beans (chickpea) overnight in water
2. Drain and rinse the soaked garbanzo beans (NO BOILING/COOKING)
3. Process garbanzo beans, parsley, chopped onion, garlic and dried chillies in your food processor/blender. The mixture should look something like this:


4. Form hazelnut-sized balls from this mixture. I don't remember how many were there at the end. BUT MANY. I think more than 20.

5. Put oil in the pan, heat it and add balls. Fry the balls until they turn golden brown (turn one time).
6. Take falafels out of the pan and drain on a paper towel.
7. EAT! Should still be green inside.
8. If you're patient and not crazy hungry (like I was) you could serve with carrot sticks, some green salad you like and hummus. If not you know what to do.

My score was 10 out of more than 20 in about 5 min, and I was not sitting, just walking around taking pics. Try to beat it and tell me about it.

Have a great falafel day!

No comments:

Post a Comment