Ahoy! I'm A Whale!

by Unknown | on Friday, June 07, 2013 | | |
Well, well, well!

If it hasn't been over a month since I posted here for the third and last time.

I admit for over a month I've been neglecting diet, sports, going to the doctor, cleaning, washing my hair, brushing it...but to be honest drinking coffee, beers, eating sweets, mostly not doing any movements besides chewing was kinda fun...But starting next week I will be back on track, because now I feel somewhat disgusting.

Not that I'm trying to make excuses for my failed diet and fitness goals, but the weather here was horrible. Although I could definitely feel my pollen allergy, it seemed up until 2 weeks ago like it's been winter for about a year and I needed some sun and some warmth.

And on top I want to finally wear something different - summer clothes would be nice. I'm a little sick of my down jacket. I've been wearing down jacket for about 7 months, sometimes even at work in the office. And it's not the most comfortable clothing in the world. But it keeps me warm at day and at night.

But enough complaining! Now some happy stories. Are you ready??? Go!

During may I was on a vacation in Gggggreece for about a week with my sister and it was hot (most of the time). Exhibit A - the picture below (and all the pictures in this post actually).

Oooh I miss this beach. It's just so empty, sunny and huuge! Almost like my soul. Wow. I'm a real poet...Nooooot!

And what about diet in Greece? Are you kidding me?

First of all I said Greece. You might have heard that a large part of the population of Greece is overweight. And there's one very simple reason for that (in my opinion) - greek food is delicious!

Second: I was eating from a buffet. You don't watch what you eat when you eat from a buffet - there must be some kind of a law about it in any country. You just stuff everything you can on your plate and in your mouth, feel like you're blessed because you have taste buds on the one side and cursed on the other because you only have one stomach and it's already pretty full, but you just have to try that creme brulelelellele! I don't even know why they serve creme brullelelelele in Greece. But it was deli-li-li-li-cious.

And about my other goal during my vacation - staying active and doing sports - this one was not too hard as I was swimming, jogging and playing table tennis (it's still better than no tennis).

On the one day in we made a trip around the island and took some very esthetic pictures. 


As Jennifer Lopez named one of her albums - this is me...then. And no, the goat feces on the ground were not from the buffet. Although when I was a child, there were these candies that kinda resembled goat feces. So what I did then was collect goat feces, give them to adults, and say it's candy and they believed me. I don't think anybody ate them though. Wonder why. I KNOW - I'm probably not going to win the peace nobel prize for this. But I was 2 or 3 years old, sue me!

Oh yeah. Here's who produced the "candy".


Some of the goats were very active and did some hiking...


...others were relaxing next to the car they probably rented.


Aside from the food and the goats, I really enjoyed the nature in Greece.


If I weren't really scared and didn't almost pee my pants and if the water wasn't freezing, I think discovering this cave would've been amazing. But that's too many ifs. It looks nice from far away though ;). Thank God I have good zoom on my camera and my eye.



And of course the olive trees. It was full of them. DuH! Olive oil? I forgot to take an olive branch 
back home to be at peace. Now look at me. Complaining all the time like a 70 years old grandpa.


So this was the story of how I stopped posting here for a month. Let's raise our glasses of healthy drinks to this not happening again. Cheers and have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment