YaSUSHI, Yakashi

by Unknown | on Thursday, June 13, 2013 | | | | | | |
Last time with all the excitement about Greece, goat crap, and getting fat I forgot to tell you about my sushi week. I do not recommend that sushi week to my worst enemy. Especially if he/she has a thyroid condition.


Can you believe that I ate sushi for one whole week and I didn't even make one picture of it. Talking about greediness. Now you must stare at this salad. But it was also good.

Anytime someone says sushi, my dad likes to make this comment: ya sushi, ya kashi. In Bulgarian it means: either sushi or porridge. Yes, I come from a family of creative minds.

One time when I was stupid and brave enough, I asked my dad about the deep meaning of his wise words. Turns out there is a famous guy in Japan named Yasushi Akashi, who my father (but not me) has heard of and always makes this association, when he hears the word sushi. Now I say it too, so that people think I know who's who in Japan.

Aah what a nice story that was, wasn't it? Now I'll tell it again! I'm just kidding. Don't leave. Or hurt yourself.

Anyways. About the sushi week. Man I feel like I said sushi for the trillionth time in this post.

Sushisushisushisushisushisushsushisushisushsushisushisushisushisushisushisushisushisushisushisushisushi!

SUHSIIIIII!!!!

Now it's out of my system!!! The last one is spelled wrong?
Next fill in the blanks:

So yes, I was craving ....... for a really long time. At some point I even felt like I can wrap myself in seaweed and just lay there drooling happily. Maybe it was iodine deficiency, maybe not. Who knows? Not my doctor. I already asked her (she is not a psychiatrist).

So after I ate ........ at a friend's place, me and my sister, who has a problem with her thyroid decided to make ....... And no we didn't make 20 or 30. We made around 300 in one week and ate them all. It was so delicious, but it is a little addictive. I didn't actually lose weight, as I expected, cutting all the pizza and other delicious stuff out of my life. Now I had .........!!! My precious.

In the end of the week my sister and I both had bad headaches, really salty taste in our mouths and felt really nervous for no reason. My heart was beating so fast. Probably the way I would feel if I ever met Bradley Cooper. Or Justin Bieber. Or the guy from Gangnam Style.

The doctor didn't even think of iodine overdose. She was - stool sample here, stool sample there. And all I was thinking: "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't want some stranger digging in my stool". Although I can imagine it was not a holiday for that person too. We mentioned here and there my sister's thyroid condition (covering it with a cough or a sneezer, so we don't seem like desperate hypochondriacs) trying to bring the doctor to the right diagnosis. Nothing helped. The stool sample was stuck in her head. So we had to do it.

Man what a fun that was. Something in me changed that day.

Anyway, after this very unproductive visit at the doctor's office we ate a salad made only of vegetables with a little bit of olive oil and without any salt. I didn't expect it, but it actually turned out delicious. And we both felt a whole lot better after eating it. Here's the recipe for it, if you ever have a sushi or some other intoxication problem and you need to take it easy.

INGREDIENTS

5 small potatoes with skin (cooked)
6 medium sized radishes
1 medium size green pepper
1/2 cup arugula
1 medium cucumber
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS

All you need to do is chop everything (except olive oil, I dare you to try chopping olive oil!!), put it in a huge salad bowl and mix it.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

The whole thing has 317 kcal and it makes 2 big portions, so for all the non-mathematics-geniuses out there - it's 158.5 kcal per portion. And it's rich in potassium, iron and magnesium.

Enjoy and write to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment