Bulgur with kidney beans and some veggetables

by Unknown | on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 | | | | | | |
So people, the eggplant and bulgur saga continues. Now that it's out there, the fact that I substisute rice with bulgur, I'm gonna give you some recipes with my favourite grain. That being said, you can still pretend to be surprised when you see my next post. Spoiler Alert: it also contains....

........B....U....L....G....U....R.....!!!

And I am ....B....U....L....G....A....R (I)!

Man I love surprises. That's why I was totally ecstatic when I found 2 other eggplants that were about to die in my fridge today.

I don't know why but today I'm not really good with my jokes.

- When have you ever been? - you ask.

- Shut up! - I answer.

I so feel like John Grisham right now, writing these dynamic dialogues. It's like I'm there. In the scene! My heart is beating so fast and fats.

Speaking of Grisham, I've been trying to finish The King of Torts for 3 months now, and since one month I'm stuck on page 161. So 327 more to go...makes about another half a year. Hehe good times ahead. I've been sooooo busy.

But to the recipe, which btw John Grisham did not feature in any of his books. Which to me is 100% inapprehensible. Shame on you Mr. Grisham, writing about all those criminals and not about nutritious foods!

This meal on the other side is 100% vegan and 150% tasty. This is another recipe from my *use everything in my fridge* series.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup bulgur
1 can kidney beans, drained (have been there, not opened 1/4 year, i.e. 3 months)
2 of my beloved eggplants/aubergines
2 medium sized tomatoes
2 small green peppers
1 fresh onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup parsley
1/2 cup coriander
1/3 cup dill


DIRECTIONS

1. Put the cup of dry bulgur in a pot, cover with hot, boiling water and cover for 10 min with the lid. After 10 min - TADAAA bulgur is ready.

2. In the mean time chop, crop, dice, cut all the vegetables.

3. Put some olive oil in the big pan, that you always need to use when making my recipes (because I only have the one). Add the chopped aubergines and steam (cover the pan) for 5-8 min at second highest temperature.

4. Add tomatoes and bulgur, salt to taste and stir. Cover for 3-5 min.

5. Add the peppers and the kidney beans.

6. Turn off the heat and add all of the other vegetables and stir.

You can serve this with some green leafy vegetables like raw spinach or any vegetable salad suits well actually. As seen in the picture above moi served it with some cucumbers.

The whole thing makes 3-4 servings, depending on how hungry you are. In my case - 4 servings, which means 350 kcal per serving. Packed with fiber, iron, magnesium, zinc, folate and vitamin C.

Enjoy everyone and good night!

2 comments:

  1. Finally, you used this eggplants! So happy, that I will have something to eat when I get home ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, you will have to starve again, my greediness left you nothing.

      Delete