Raw chocolate hazelnut balls

by Unknown | on Friday, June 14, 2013 | | | | | | |
Good news humans of the planet Earth!

Three good news actually. Let me start with the first one. I know it's a weird order, but just for fun.

1. You saw the picture of the chocolate hazelnut balls in this neighborhood? I made them. And they're healthy. And good to support your diet and training goals. And to support your life goal of being super awesome. And I'm giving you the recipe for them. *In a minute!!!* So this is me being serious and motivating. For once in my life.

2. I just finished my workout and I feel great. I felt like I'm gonna die while I was at it. But now like Rocky. To be honest I haven't even seen Rocky. But I'm guessing he's strong??? Now I don't have to become fat bastard in a few years, I'll be a fit bastard. And I won't move the Earth out of its orbit, when I jump on my own in 10 years. A small step for Stella, a big step for humanity.

3. I now have the results from my stool and blood samples (hopefully not mixed together) and it's all good. Even though I ate crap the whole month and didn't do much moving around. Of course those samples don't actually say anything about your health at all. I know that. But it's comforting to know some things in your body function properly.

Now to the recipe. I made these balls once when I was trying to eat healthy and lose some fat. I just wanted to eat chocolate soooo bad!  Sounds like any day of my life actually.

Look at them!!! My little balls. So proud of you! Going out in the big scary world and making it on your own!

To be honest I was trying to make something like a raw brownie, but I'm not very patient when it comes to food. I couldn't wait for the mixture to get cold and then cut in small brownie pieces. So I decided to get messy and started making balls from the mixture right away. A few of the balls didn't make it in the picture. They were in my mouth/stomach.
 
Since then, almost any healthy dessert I make is shaped as a ball. You can also juggle with these balls. I haven't tried that, but probably.

INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup soaked hazelnuts (raw)
3/4 cup soaked almonds (raw)
1/3 cup quick oats
5 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup ground hazelnuts/almonds

DIRECTIONS

1. Grind the oats to powder with your food processor.

2. Mix oats and raisins, add cocoa, vanilla and process further.

3. Add the nuts - almonds and hazelnuts - and process.

You should get a dense, chocolaty mixture with small nut chunks in it.

4. Aaah! The best part. Now you have the mixture - make the balls! Form walnut-sized balls with your *clean washed* hands and roll them in ground hazelnuts or almonds. I used hazelnuts here. But almonds elsewhere. So surpriseee!!! Both works. Couldn't even tell the difference.

5. Store in the fridge. They're good for 3-4 days. Although it almost never occurred to have them that long.

 !WARNING! Some of the balls might disappear while you make them. This occurs very often. Must be something supernatural. Some voodoo stuff. Someone just stuffs them in my mouth.

The outcome for this amount of products is about 15 balls. Each one has around 90 kcals, is high in potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, B-vitamins.

Even though these raw chocolate hazelnut balls are healthy and definitely better for you than some brownie loaded with processed sugar and fat, consume in moderation (up to 5/day as a snack or dessert). You don't want to move the Earth out of its orbit one day either.

No comments:

Post a Comment